Click an Ad

If you find this blog helpful, please support me by clicking an ad!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Are you Monitoring PasteBin for Your Employer? You should be!

Last year I went to a great Hacker Security convention called GrrCon here in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I'll be going this year too, so give me a shout if you want to meet up. It's not an expensive ticket, and the content was SO amazing last year.

One of the things I took away was that I needed to be monitoring things like PasteBin. If you monitor security websites, you probably recognize Pastebin as a popular place for hackers to post pilfered data, though the site has many more worthwhile uses. I was surprised to find computer system data for an old employer of mine (including usernames and passwords!).

Getting it taken down was easy enough, but I then went out and found PasteLert, which gives me alerting on any search terms that I plug into it. I can even pipe them into an RSS feed so I can read them along with my daily news in Feedly, which is pretty great.

I highly recommend that everyone looks into ways to find leaked data about your organization!

No comments:

Post a Comment