Click an Ad

If you find this blog helpful, please support me by clicking an ad!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Learning VMware PowerCLI (Powershell) commands the easy way

Learning VMware PowerCLI (Powershell) commands the easy way


I just learned about this tool and it's absolutely amazing. I wish I'd have known about this months ago!
Onyx is a VMware project that helps you learn PowerCLI commands from your actions in the VMware vCenter GUI. After you extract the files (there's no install), you run onyx.exe, then click the "Connect" button.

I was unable to get Onyx to work without having it launch my vCenter client for me. Now, press the button that looks like the play button. This starts the "recording". Anything you do in vCenter will now have it's equivalent Powershell code displayed in Onyx. Too Cool....

Note that this is from VMware Labs, which basically means it's "Beta" and not supported.


No comments:

Post a Comment